Saturday, July 5, 2008

Chapter 12

In Chapter 12 it talks about reward power, I found this to be really interesting. This is when one person is trying to influence another person to do something and in order to get them to do it they offer them a reward. Rewards don't always have to be money this can be positive praises to let the person know they are doing good, or throughout the process letting them know of the good that can come out of what they are doing. These little words for the most part act as encouragement for the person to do this task. For example, I know that my little sister wanted to go to a concert, but she didn't have money. I needed my old room to be cleaned out since I moved, so I offered her $30 to clean my room. Which meant that I got my room cleaned and she got to go to the concert. At the end of the day we were all happy! I now am able to do this a lot with my younger siblings, but my parents did it a lot to me when I was growing up. This is a really good reward if used the right way and not taken advantage of. I also think that this is a really positive way to help people loose weight!

No comments: