Thursday, July 3, 2008

Chapter 15

Attachment styles are a major part of our lives. We seem to use them everyday since they help us to deal with conflict, falling in love with that special someone, act normal, and other actions such as those. In chapter 15 the author talks about three kinds of attachment styles that people fall under. These are, Secure this is who you are most comfortable with and feel you can become close to, Avoidant would be a person that you do not trust and try to stay away from, and Anxious/ ambivalent is where you might feel comfortable with something or someone, but still scared of rejection so therefore you don't open up fully. All of these styles I feel that we first learn as a child when we are close to our parents. Then as we grow older we start to share these feelings with our significant other and finally with our children and grandchildren. Even though I did not carry my niece for 9 months, I still feel as though I share a lot of these traits with her since I have been around her since day one and play a huge role in her life.

No comments: