Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Chapter 7

With in chapter 7 there was a section on secrets that caught my attention. The reason I like this book so much is because it breaks down the terms really good. Terms that I face on an everyday basis, but never knew what they meant. This sections talks about the reasons why people keep secrets, and why some people decide to share secrets. I really was able to understand why my family in particular keeps secrets after looking at the chart on page 193 of the book. That section broke reasons down into three different categories: Taboo, rule violation, and conventional. I found that I fell under the taboo and rule violation section because of financial problems that we have and keep secrets and the fact that I am moving into an apartment with my boyfriend before we get married. My family does not have a problem with that since we are more Americanized, but his parents are not so as much as we hate to we are going to have to keep it a secret so we don't upset a lot of people.
I am one that hardly tells secretes because I fill like they are secretes for a reason. The are people however that do know my deepest darkest secrets, but I am very selective on who I tell those to because you never know if they will spill it to another person tomorrow.

No comments: